sticky indulgences

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Swan Lake

Well, that's over with for another year. Last week saw frenzied activity with technical rehursals, dress rehursals and performances on Saturday (2) and Sunday (1), not to mention 2 evenings worth of carol concerts with the girls singing in the choir.
Anyway, the ballet went above expectation and whilst it is the most ambitious and difficult production we have ever done, we did it justice and despite the complaints beforehand, after it was all over, we sat round at the after-show party wanting to go out and do it all over again. I put in a creditable perfomance as Benno valet/servant to the Prince. For all you northern types, there's a viscious rumour that we might be performing in Manchester next year... get your therapy booked now.
Only disaster was that I laddered my tights on the final performance! I am distraught.
Apologies for lack of photos, don't think I could inflict such images on a public site.

2 Comments:

  • But we DEMAND photos!

    After all sounds like I need to prepare my fellow Mancunions for what may be in store ;-)

    Glad it went well - ladders notwithstanding.

    By Blogger 1 i z, at 1:14 pm  

  • indeed we do. demand photos. and i too feel a trip to manchester coming on spookily coninciding with you...

    By Blogger Caroline, at 9:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home