sticky indulgences

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Slow Start

It's Saturday, it's 11.40 am and we have just finished breakfast. Tonight is the last night of the girl's show and then we can start to get back into a normal regime... My only main task for the day is to complete my talk for tomorrow morning on "Thou Shalt not Murder" an interesting topic given recent events.
On a differect note, I have just spend three lovely days in the Greenbelt office helping out with bits and pieces of admin type stuff and would make public my admiration and appreciation at the quality of the Greenbelt staff. They work long hours, often there until 7pm, remain mostly good humoured, have mountains of work to plough through and are very patient with mildly ham fisted temp workers who occasionally mess up the system.... Never again will I silently think unkind thoughts when I get the answerphone, it really is frequently manic there what with bookings being called in, artists being sorted out, purchases being made/ confirmed as well as all the normal day to day running of an organisation. Quite how they managed before online booking was invented I will never know!
Laura, Sarah, Beki, Catherine and Gill, not forgetting Paul - I think you are all wonderful.

1 Comments:

  • I get the impression that Laura isn't getting home until 10pm most nights...Mec is beginning to pine! Laura has told me you were helping out, and that you are lvoely, and how it makes her laugh that you call her Miss Pa-erson as only you can....thank you for helping out, I know it ws appreciated xxxx

    By Blogger sally, at 2:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home