sticky indulgences

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

It's a small world

I went for an interview last Thursday to a company based in Waterloo who sell office furniture. I sat down, tom and I exchanged pleasantries as you do and then he came up with the phrase "I went to the same school as you." It turns out he lived in Hare Street, a small village just up the road from Buntingford (centre of the universe) and we both attended Ward Freman School (now Freman College) although he was about 3 years below me. If that wasn't stange enough, he then tells me that one of his work colleagues (based in Farnham) has told him I have a brother called Ian and a sister called Jill (but he can't remember what the dog was called). It transpires he and this colleague discovered their Buntingford mutuality a while ago and when he saw the same word on my CV mentioned it to Adam. Adam then revealed these added details and when I realised who he was talking about, his sister and mine used to be best freinds, our two families used to spend reasonable amounts of time together and I think it must be 25 years since I last saw him! They moved away to Thetford and when his mother was killed in a car crash his father didn't keep up contact and my parents eventually lost touch. Anyway the interview went well and I left feeling hopeful.
The next day I get a all from a chap I used to work with at Pacific who runs the sales section for the fit-out division of the same company. he had heard I had been in and also wanted to see me to talk about working with him! I went yesterday and bumped into my ex- Pacific MD who is also working woth them as a Consultant Project Manager.
Following yesterday's interview I got the distinct feeling that the job was mine if I wanted it as they want me to feed back in 48 hours if I want to take it further. I now just have to find out if the other side also want me and then - aargh!! it's like buses, you wait for ages and then two come along at once. Decisions, decisions

3 Comments:

  • OOh...Stick, that's great news. Will keep on praying and hope things sort out rapidly.

    By Blogger Kathryn, at 12:02 pm  

  • Oh, hope somehting comes of it..sounds very very hopeful! let us know.................xxxxxxxxxxx

    By Blogger sally, at 10:20 pm  

  • certainly sounds promising - hope you never failed to pick them for your side in the football game! very very best wisehs, love thoughts prayer and hugs

    By Blogger Caroline, at 11:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home