sticky indulgences

Monday, November 08, 2004

And Again!

Timewarp time! Reading this blog it is actually chronologically correct even though entered in reverse... Anyway, before too much time passes, I couldn't not mention Friday 5th November famous for countrywide celebrations with fireworks, bonfires and general merriment all on the day Claire was born. Coincidence I hear you ask? Surely not and I've never hear of that Fawkes chappie.
For her birthday Claire had said that she just wanted a rear extension (got planning permission - hurrah!) but I wanted something just for her.
Discovered a shop local to my work called Lush. Smelt it on several occasions, but never ventured within it's portals. For the uninitiated of you, its an small emporium selling bathroom pampering paraphenalia with an emphasis on the female of the species. Bath bombs with glitter in, bubble bath cubes and all manner of other items jam packed with essential oils and organic ingredients. Evocative names like Two Timing Tart (couldn't resist that one). Anyway, I came away with a selection of stuff which the girls gave her together with a birthday card they had insisted on buying her several weeks previous featuring Aragorn (Lord of the Rings fame). They toyed with Legolas, but decided in the end she would prefer Aragorn (they were probably right).
Claire duly luxuriated in a bath which the ball had fizzed about violently in dispensing its glitter and essential oils and we all went out for a meal at the local Indian (Spice of Hanwell) which went down well. Had the usual giggles from the girls over the desert menu as on our first visit Esther had taken one look at the picture of the Indian doughnts and proclaimed in a loud voice that they looked just like buttocks! I can see where she was coming from.
Anyway back to the the bath which regrettably was not rinsed out in as comprehensive manner as I would have liked following the 'bomb' episode with the result that having had a bath Saturday morning ready for the wedding, I had to explain why I was lightly coated with glitter... My own fault I suppose.

2 Comments:

  • Isn't it wonderful when you click on someones blog and theres not just one new entry but three! fantastic. averted my eyes and mind away from the tv for a good 5 minutes. so if anyone knows what happened at the end of neighbours.....
    no seriously, you miss out all the days you like my love, so long a you make up for them in retrospect! glad the house is turning yellow and pink and is increasingly well endowed to the rear.
    happy belated (and previously unknown of) birthday Claire...do lush do giraffe shaped bath bombs?
    love you both...

    By Blogger Caroline, at 6:28 pm  

  • Well I think that has to be the most elaborate and inventive excuse as to why you were coated in glitter ever!

    We believe you...honest...

    By Blogger 1 i z, at 1:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home