sticky indulgences

Monday, November 08, 2004

If this is Cheltenham...

Had a weird experience on Saturday - yes I know I've just done Sunday, but quite frankly, I don't care. You wanted updates after all! Anyway, we went through Cheltenham which was very confusing because having got there, I had to tun left signposted Gloucester when all my instincts were trying to get me to turn right to the Racecourse. Fortunately, I resisted the inner voices and ended up in the fair if drizzly City of Gloucester which was our intended destination. Friends of ours were getting married and I just love a good wedding. I was not disappointed. The bride was radiant, the service in the local methodist church (by the Cathedral) was great with a good combination of old and new songs. I always get a little emotional during the vows and hold my beautiful wife's hand thinking back to 14 years ago, when she was the radiant bride whereas now she's just radiant. We even managed to persuade Naomi and Esther that their Tamagotchi's (electronic pets) would survive the service without expiring so they didn't need to keep hold of them. The drizzle stopped for the photos in the Cathedral grounds, so a good day all round. Whilst we drove home in the wet, the bride and groom were getting ready to fly off to Madeira on honeymoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home