sticky indulgences

Monday, October 18, 2004

Its been a while

Panic! Suddenly realised that it's been over a week since my last blog - I'll be branded with the same brush as DC if I'm not careful.
Got a haircut on Friday and I think he may have gone a bit far. Put it like this, I think I was wearing short tousers at Sunday School the last time my hair was this short.
Update on lofty issues are that the builders have basically gone. We have now to do "a bit" of filling, rubbing down and then decorate. Claire is, as we speak, up a ladder being mysterious with a paintbrush. She really has the bit between her teeth on this, spending most of Saturday up there getting as much dust on her as possible it seemed. She looked like one of those sponge cakes all dusted with icing sugar.
I contented myself with 3 loads of washing, some tidying up and a trip to Homebase hunting for colour swatches.
Sunday found us popping (!) over to Talywain, near Pontypool for a Christening. Friends of Claire are now the proud parent of a bouncing baby boy. Total travelling time about 5 hours, time spent in Talywain 3.5 hours. Naomi chose to wear a short red dress with black boots and it was scarey - only 9 years old and a total stunner. Esther just looks cute and cheeky. Claire as always looked gorgeous.
Nearly made it back for my 8pm oversight meeting, got there at 8.30 to find they had waited for me before starting. Bless.
Got home to do some ironing before collapsing to bed around midnight.
Claire has borrowed the book "Eats, shoots and leaves" about punctuation faux-pas which she is chortling over in bed so I will peruse that when she's finished with it.

3 Comments:

  • tis indeed good to see you again my friend, even tho the shine from the back of your neck is visible way over here - you're right, that is a VERY short haircut.
    love ya!

    By Blogger Caroline, at 9:27 pm  

  • Of course the delightful Sally's helpful suggestions were most gladly welcomed. Every time.

    Well I think we were smiling on the inside or something...

    Or at least we forgave her because we lvoe (sic) her very much ;-)

    So when you get to read the book, feel free to follow suit.

    Just what the blog world needs...another pedant ;-)

    By Blogger 1 i z, at 1:49 pm  

  • Hurrrhum...

    Funny how quickly another week can go by isn't it?

    By Blogger 1 i z, at 1:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home