sticky indulgences

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Excuses, Excuses

Back in East Surrey Hospital today to see my Grandmother and took Naomi. Those of you with experience of the NHS will not be suprised to hear that they have yet to get round to operating on her. She was, once again "Nil by Mouth" and following the anaesthatist's visit we had confirmation that once again, they would be looking to operate...
No real suprise that they (again) ran out of operating time so they now say tomorrow afternoon, barring any emergencies that may appear. At least Granny's (apparently) on the top of the list so should go down first. The nurses on the ward are getting a bit miffed with it too, but are very good at ensuring she gets food and drink as soon as they are told that she's not going down.
My parents are up from Devon to see her and my sister turned up too - a nice little family get together really, especially when my Uncle and his wife also dropped by. Fortunately the nurses are happy to be flexible on the "only 3 visitors per bed rule".
Amusing part of the afternoon was seeing my parents trying to work their new mobile phone. Mum mislaid the last one and they are not the most technically minded as was evidenced when they came back mystified that it wouldn't make a call but kept saying "message sent". I explained that they were sending my Aunt blank texts and tought them how to scroll down to the contacts page. I also had to write down a step by step guide to finding and then dialing a number. At least if I get a blank text message, I'll know who it's from!

2 Comments:

  • this may be the answer to your Mums problem: http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/men/news/technology/s/159/159531_mobile_launch_to_target_mature_callers.html

    By Blogger Stuart, at 10:15 pm  

  • Good idea, but I don't think I can face explaining searching the internet to her!

    By Blogger Stick, at 2:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home